Pages

Sunday 31 August 2008

Look what i found today!

Whilst attempting to clear out my tip that is a craft room at the moment, i found this little fellow.

It was this little crafty effort, my first ever, a basic bead bracelet made on a loom that got me involved in the world of crafting.



A few years ago, six to be exact, i was in hospital for quite a while. A lady in there was making fantastic bead jewellery on a loom. I was fascinated and asked if she could make me a small bracelet for each of my little girls. She said to me, "You go down the road to the sewing shop, buy a loom and some beads and i'll teach you how to make your own!"

So off i went and came back with a small handfull of crafty stash. It took me a couple of days, but i made my girls a little bracelet with flowers in the design, and i made myself the one in the piccy. It was funny because the other guys in the ward with me used to walk past whilst i was beading and would give a little grin, or say, "What the hell are you doing that for?"

By the end of the week, if i had a pound for every one of those guys who had asked me to make something for thier partners or kids, i'd have retired early! :)

It was from there i went searching the internet for beading sites, and came across the Crafts By Carolyn forum. During my journey around the many crafts discussed there, i also met my partner Maddy.......and the rest as they say......is history! :)

All because of this little beady fellow!

No comments: