Pages

Thursday 26 March 2009

Veg i inked today!!!

Welcome bloggers to another Thursday of inky things! :)

Today was a close call with regards to the inked veg, in that it almost didn't happen for several reasons. Shock horror!!! Yes i know my little veggie fans, what would you have done without your weekly dose of verbal....I'll say inkyness....replace that word with whatever you feel fit! :)

I won't bore you with the details though, just know that about 30 minutes ago i was ready to chuck the veg in the bin and call it a day!

However i persevered, and despite a busted lamp for lighting my pics, my camera playing up and various veg playing up for me, i settled on this one....the ASPARAGUS!!!
.

.
Whats it doing outside on that rock by your pond i hear you say? Well thanks to the mishaps with my technical equipment, i decided to have a change of location for the photo shoot. I think it looks quite nice actually, don't you?
.

.
I had to do this inking with less colours than usual, as i ran out of about 3 bottles of my fave colour whilst trying out other fruit. Fruit that went horribly wrong i might add.

However the few colours that i did use, definitely changed the asparagus's all green appearance.
.

.
So how about that now world famous method of judging inkability of a vegetable..the "veginkability rating"?

Well i have to say that whilst not the most colourful of subjects that i have finished, the asparagus did look good out in the sun. It kept it's colours well and didn't waste too much of my ink.....unlike the stupid mushrooms i tried earlier!!!

I think a 6 is in order for this weeks veg! I'm probably being a bit generous with a 6, but i did end up finding a nice location to photograph the veg, so that was a bonus. :)



Talking of the outdoors, guess who i bumped into whilst i was outside?

"Hi Rotty......wow that looks impressive!!! What are you doing?"

"Bit of rock climbing boss"....
.

.
"Really? I never knew you were into that?"

"Yeah well, I'm actually getting in some practice for ....i mean....ummm...ah well...just keeping fit and all that".

"Hmmm, that sounds rather suspicious, plus ...it does look rather high for you Rotty, are you sure you're ok?

"Don't panic boss, I'm safe as houses, i have a good rope and my technique is second to none!"

"Ah Rotty, is that some of my fibres that you've pinched from the craft room?"

"Umm it could be boss, but i thought that I'd put them to good use."

"Well just go careful little fella, your arms are already looking a bit mashed".

"That's coz i took a couple of bumps whilst tackling the north face earlier....tough game this climbing yanno!

"If you say so Rotty".

Right then bloggers, i think we'll leave him to it. I've no idea what he's up to, but I'm sure he can be trusted.

Until next Thursday, keep smiling and I'll see you all later. :)

12 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

Loving the asparagus. It's great! Ok, you do know that mushroom is a fungus. No need to get into that category of inking, although I wonder what moss would look like with a bit of ink.

Calv said...

Lol yes i know Tami, and i did have this discussion in the grocers about mushrooms being fungus...but i figured it was like the veg of the forest. :)

I love the colour of moss, it has the most gorgeous greens to it. Almost a shame to see what it's like inked. Thanks for stopping by :)

Nora said...

Love how the colors turned out on this one, Calv. Also like the change of scenery for the photo shoot. I can picture those shrooms just soaking up your ink like little sponges...
Have a fantastic weekend!
~hugs~

Gez Butterworth said...

The asparagus looks great! especially outside in the sunshine. I think 6 is a bit generous too tho!

Sounds like you are certainly having mishaps at the moment Calv!!! & as for trusting Rotty!!!!!

Wishing you a great weekend.
Gez.

Hazel said...

Impressive inking and super location for the photo x

Jane Wetzel said...

just wondering...have u ever thought of gathering all these vegees together in an inked bowl?..............I do like the switch in location...interesting...

Calv said...

Funnily enough Nora, i tried inking a big mushroom just before i did this asparagus, and as you say, the mushroom literaly soaked up any ink that went near it. Might have to UTEE it first...now theres an idea! :)

Thanks Gez, i know what you mean about the generous 6, i think i was overwhelmed by the scenery at the time! :)

Hi Hazel, thanks for popping in to take a peek :)

Great idea Jane, i'll see what i can manage for a future project. :)

Unknown said...

Great asparagus Calv!

I'm beginning to think my dinner plates look a little drab of an evening!!
Would love to see a UTEE'd mushroom!!
Go on!!

Cazzy said...

Mushrooms are very absorbent, I can see why you would have lost a lot of ink trying! They suck up oil when being fried.


Cazzy x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Mmm not quite good enough to eat, but as asparagus are my favourite veg.. I will forgive you! love the colours
Hugs xx

Tereza Crump said...

oh, my goodness!! I LOOOOOVE asparagus and this one is gorgeous!! great job, Calv!!!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Oh wow.... that asperagus came out awesome!!!!!!!
lol on Rotty!!!